25 film and TV pub quiz questions 2020: best cinema and television questions and answers for your online pub quiz
Put your friends’ film knowledge to the test at your next virtual pub quiz with our devilishly tricky film and TV trivia
During lockdown the majority of us have been indulging in binge-watching long-shelved TV shows or rewatching favourite films.
With cinema at the forefront of most of our minds why not inject some showbiz into your virtual pub quiz?
Whether you’re looking for fuel for a standalone film and TV quiz or a handful of questions for a cinema round, the following 25 questions will stand you in good stead.
1. John Singleton is the youngest person to be nominated for Best Director at the Oscars. For which film was he nominated?
2. What is the name of the opening number from 2016 musical La La Land
3. What was the highest grossing film of 2019?
4. Which three films did James Dean star in?
5. Who wrote the score for 1994 Disney film The Lion King?
6. When was the National Television Awards’ Most Popular Entertainment/TV Presenter category won by someone other than Ant and Dec?
7. What is the name of the Christmas hit written by Will Brewis’ (Hugh Grant) father in comedy About a Boy?
8. Which American comedy series has won a record 37 Emmy Awards?
9. What is the title of the first ever Game of Throne episode?
10. What is the name of the pub featured in UK soap Emmerdale
11. What are the names of the two winners of Love Island series 1
12. What was the most watched Netflix original TV series of 2019?
13. The Wire is set in which US city?
14. What is the population of David Lynch’s idiosyncratic town Twin Peaks?
15. Which key Breaking Bad character was famously meant to die in series one?
16. What are the dying words of Charles Foster Kane in Citizen Kane?
17. In The Matrix, does Neo take the blue pill or the red pill?
18. For what movie did Steven Spielberg win his first Oscar for Best Director?
19. Which is the only foreign film to wine Best Picture at the Oscars?
20. Which veteran actors starred in the lead roles of True Detective, season one.
21. What is the first name of Zoolander’s title character?
22. Mary Poppins is nanny to which family?
23. Which actor chipped a tooth making Fight Club?
24. What is the name of Batman’s butler?
25. "After all, tomorrow is another day!" was the last line in which Oscar-winning Best Picture?
1. Boyz n the Hood
2. Another Day of Sun
3. Avengers: Endgame
4. East of Eden, Rebel Without a Cause and Giant
5. Hans Zimmer
7. Santa’s Super Sleigh
9. Winter is Coming
10. The Woolpack
11. Jess and Max
12. Stranger Things
15. Jesse Pinkman
18. Schindler’s List
20. Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson
22. The Banks family
23. Brad Pitt
24. Alfred Pennyworth
25. Gone With The Wind