Here’s the full list of UK coronavirus testing centres - and how to get a test
Anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus can get a free test to check if they have the virus, alongside some people without symptoms.
If you think you have symptoms and want to find out if, and where, you can get tested in the UK, here’s what you need to know.
Who can be tested?
The NHS explains that anyone with coronavirus symptoms can get a test.
Coronavirus symptoms are:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
You can get a test for someone you live with if they have these symptoms. Do not get tests for people you live with who do not have these symptoms.
You can also get a test if:
- you live in England and have been told to have a test before you go into hospital, for example, for surgery
- your local council asks you to get a test
- you’re taking part in a government pilot project
When is testing most effective?
The test is only guaranteed to be accurate if someone is symptomatic.
The government advises that you should get tested in the first three days of coronavirus symptoms appearing, although testing is considered effective up until day five.
How do I arrange a test?
You can apply for a test online. You will be asked:
- how you want to get the test – at a drive-through or walk-through test site or by ordering a home test kit
- for details such as your name, mobile phone number and address
Where are the drive-through testing centres in the UK?
These are the Regional Test Sites that have been set up by the Department of Health and Social Care.
- Greater Manchester
- Liverpool - Haydock Park
- West Midlands
- West Sussex
- North Kent
- Isle of Wight
- Milton Keynes
- Lee Valley
- North Wales
- Liverpool - John Lennon Airport
Anyone eligible can book a test using an online portal.
NHS capability is also being increased by providing test kits directly to ‘satellite’ centres at places like hospitals that have a particularly urgent or significant need.
The satellite centres are currently located in:
- Bradford Marley Stadium
- Wakefield Fieldhead Hospital
- Huddersfield - Greenhead College
- Sandwell Leasowes Intermediate Care Centre
- Bexhill Hospital
- Liverpool - Hunter Street Car Park
- Countess of Chester Hospital
- Oldham STC
- Leighton - Mid Cheshire Hospital
- Ashton Primary Care Centre
- Enterprise House, Stockport
- Wirral (Bidston station)