Fundraiser for Fife family who lost everything in horror fire tops £10,000
A fundraising page launched to help a Fife family after they lost all their personal belongings in a house fire has topped £10,000 in just 24 hours.
Emergency services were called to the scene after the blaze broke out in the property in Canmore Grove, Dunfermline, at around 6pm on December 30.
None of the family were seriously hurt in the incident but the fire damaged their home and destroyed everything they own.
A fundraising page was then launched to support them after all their belongings - including children’s Christmas presents - were taken in the blaze.
Locals have come together to help the family and a GoFundMe page has, so far, collected £10,667 after its creation a day ago.
In a statement on the page, Carly Kadunic, who set up the online appeal, has thanked everyone who has donated so far.
She said: "We are fundraising for a local Dunfermline family whose home was destroyed in a fire.
“The family are all safe but their home and personal belongings are gone. We are hoping to raise some money for the family to get them some basic items such as clothes etc and replace some of the Xmas presents the kids have lost also.”
She added: “Such a devastating and traumatic night for the family and all involved. Please if you can help in anyway it would be very much appreciated to help this family get back on their feet. Thank you so so much everyone who has donated already.”